How to get a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby demo code
The playable demo of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire arrives Tuesday, October 21, but it will—for whatever reason—not be freely available on the 3DS eShop. To download it, you’ll need to first obtain a code to download this “Special Demo Version” of the game through one of several ways.
Courtesy of Nintendo’s website, here are your six ways of securing a code:
- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7-Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
- Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokemon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokemon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokemon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokemon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24-Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last).
Read more here